27 August 2013

Vin Diesel Honored With a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Vin Diesel has received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The actor was honored with the 2,504th star in the category of Motion Pictures in a ceremony which was held on Monday, August 26.

Diesel's "Fast and Furious" co-stars Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster were present at the ceremony. Katee Sackhoff, who plays in "Riddick" alongside the actor, also attended the ceremony.
"I love Vin Diesel. On top of just being one of my best friends ... this man dares to dream when people forget to dream. This guy, he looks at the impossible and says, 'When do we start?' " Rodriguez said of her co-star, as quoted by ABC7.
Diesel, whose credits include "Babylon A.D.", "xXx", "Find Me Guilty" and comedy movie "The Pacifier" among others, wrote, produced, directed and starred in "Multi-Facial" in 1994. The independent movie shows him joining various auditions in which he is told either "too white" or "too black" for a role.
"I guess I've always looked past the exterior and the ambiguity that my existence represents. When I was in my mother's stomach, it was still illegal in parts of America for people of color and white people to procreate," the biracial actor said.

"Everyone had known me just as a bouncer in New York because I wasn't able to get any work. There was something too ambiguous about the way I look that would prevent me from ever getting a star," he added in his speech.

Although Diesel experienced difficulties because of his mixed-heritage, "Dreams do come true," he quoted his daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here