28 August 2013

Justin Timberlake Talks About Miley Cyrus VMA Performance

Justin Timberlake defends Miley Cyrus' infamous twerk at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards which was held on Sunday, August 25.

In a radio interview on Tuesday, the singer addressed Miley's performance which garnered negative reactions from many viewers.

"Listen, man, you know, it's the VMAs. What did you guys expect?" Justin told Jim Douglas of Fresh 102.7. "I like Miley. I like her a lot. I think, you know, she's young. She's letting everybody know that she's growing up."
"I just think it's the VMAs. It's not like she did it at the Grammys. Let her do her thing, you know?" he added.

Justin also gave examples of other "scandalous" performances at the VMAs. "Madonna: wedding suit, humping the stage. Britney Spears: strip tease. This is not an uncommon thing," Justin said.

Miley's father Billy Ray Cyrus also came to his daughter's defense. "Of course I'll always be here for Miley. Can't wait to see her when she gets home," the singer told Entertainment Tonight's reporter Nancy O'Dell. "She's still my little girl and I'm still her Dad regardless how this circus we call show business plays out. I love her unconditionally and that will never change."

Some celebrities, who were stunned after watching the 20-year-old singer grind on Robin Thicke in her nude-colored underwear on the Sunday show, took to Twitter to write their opinion of the performance.

Talk show host Michael Strahan wrote, "That was uncomfortable, weird and hard to watch!"

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown added, "Miley, step away from the foam finger and put your tongue away...PLEASE. #VMAs I'm so confused. #OldFogeyTweet."

Brooke Shields, who played Miley's on-screen mother on "Hannah Montana", said during a sit-down on "Today" show that she did not "approve" the performance. Brooke explained, "I just want to know who's advising her, and why it's necessary. I mean, the whole finger thing, and the hand...Robin [Thicke] probably at that point was going, 'I don't think this is a good idea'. [Our children] can't watch that. I feel like it's a bit desperate."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here