30 August 2013

Chelsea Signs Striker 'Samuel Eto'o'

The 32-year-old is the second player to arrive at Chelsea from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala following the acquisition of Willian on Wednesday.

Having failed in two bids for Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, Chelsea were desperate to bolster their attacking options and moved quickly amid reports that Eto'o was considering a return to Inter Milan.
"I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible," Eto'o told Chelsea's club website.
"It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it.
"I have had a career where I have been lucky enough to win a lot of trophies in different countries but one of my last dreams as a professional is to come and play in England and see if I can have the same success as at my previous clubs.
"I don't see it as a final challenge, but to have a good time, enjoy my football, and have success with this team."
Four-time African Footballer of the Year Eto'o was an integral part of Mourinho's Champions League-winning Inter side in 2010, before heading to Anzhi the following year to become the highest-paid player in the world.
Anzhi are in the process of slashing their wage bill with owner Suleyman Kerimov desperate to balance the books of the financially-troubled club.

On the international stage, Eto'o has been a regular for Cameroon after making his debut before he turned 15. At the age of 17 he was the youngest player at the 1998 World Cup in France.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here